6.15.2005

God Loves Fags

This past weekend a group of anti gay protestors flew from Kansas into Northern California to stage several protests. Among the sites they protested were the GLAAD Association awards ceremony, the Tracy High School graduation ceremony, and several Churches during Sunday morning services.

CLICK HERE to see a news report on the protests.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They came from the First Redneck Church of the Self Righteous…
Oh no, wait, I might have gotten that wrong, oh yeah, here it is; they came from the Westboro Baptist Church, my bad. Anyway, they shouted slogans like, “God Hates Fags”, and, “Thank God for 9/11”. One of the men from the group shouted loudly, “AIDS is God’s judgment, you are doomed, America is doomed, GOD HATES YOU, GOD HATES YOU!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Members of Westboro Baptist stood outside Tracy First Presbyterian Church and shouted “God hates fags and God hates First Presbyterian Church” as the choir practiced “Oh Sing to the Lord” and “Gentle Shepherd” before service. Then the group from Kansas moved on to Grace Brethren Church. Randy, a member of Grace Brethren, was trying to describe to his children what was going on outside their church when the protesters started shouting at him. With his children standing by his side, Randy was told by members of Westboro Baptist that he was a child molester, then they accused him (in graphic detail) of a sexual act involving a cucumber.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After a short stay at Grace Brethren the small group from Westboro headed across town to St. Bernard’s Catholic Church. They shouted “The Pope is in Hell!!” at the top of their lungs, holding up a picture of Pope John Paul II. As worshipers headed for morning mass the protestors yelled at them, “They rape little boys here, why do you hate your children?!?!?”

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At one of their protests they threw American flags on the ground and wiped their feet on them. Three young men were passing by and yelled at them saying, “How can you trample our flag while American soldiers are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan?” A young lady with a sign in her left hand that read "God Hates You", and in her right hand, "Thank God for 9/11" replied, “I’m glad they’re being killed over there, God hates this country. I thank God for those planes crashed into those buildings on 9/11. Not enough died."




To the more outspoken members of Westboro Baptist Church please stop talking for a minute and listen…


Go home. Please.

Please stop spreading your gospel of hatred. What you are doing is helping no one. When you spew hatred you define christianity to the world. You are telling the world that christianity is about hatred, not love, peace, faith, grace, hope and forgiveness.

You are the reason my stomach turns, and I break out in a cold sweat when a stranger asks me if I'm a Christian.


Please stop.


“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again.”

John 3.16-17 the message

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel nauseated. And at the same time on the brink of tears. You're right about being called a Christian. If they are Christians, I don't want to be one. I'm so shocked. And glad I live in Cali. Wow. God, shut the eyes and ears of the world so they don't see that.

Benji said...

What a twisted and sick world we live in.
The truly twisted and sick thing about these people (IMO) is that just like the terrorists that killed thousands in the name of Allah on 9/11 and continue to do so today; these "Christians" also believe fundamentally that they are doing the right and correct thing; and not only that - but that their acts are deemed necessary and just by the god they serve.
I agree though...
America is doomed; people like this are setting the charge that will destroy it.

Anonymous said...

GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT MANS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
LETS REND OUR HEARTS INSTEAD OF EACH OTHER......

lee said...

dude, that bunch is freakin' nutz...

their site is unbelievable & vile...

but hey, let's not get too down...

god apparently hates sweden too...

Anonymous said...

I think I could make Fred Phelps a martyr and not feel too bad about it.

natala said...

i just don't understand it - it is so sad - there are no more words.

nikki said...

Gross ignorance and hatred are definitely NOT attributes of God - I wonder what bible they are reading from . . . I have many gay friends and FYI: They are REAL people with REAL feelings and what they need is to feel the REAL love of Jesus; not some condemning, pious, self - righteous whack - a -doo's proclaiming that they are the only ones that can receive love and healing from God!! Romans 3:11 - As it is written: " There is none righteous, no, NOT ONE" Romans 3:23 - "For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." One more for you gay bashers who profess Jesus as your Lord, READ?!! the same bible as I do, and wear your WWJD ( what would Jesus do?) bracelets; this is what God says - 1 Cor. 13:1-6 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not LOVE, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not LOVE, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not LOVE, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is KIND; love does not envy; love DOES NOT parade itself, it is not PUFFED UP; does not BEHAVE RUDELY, does not seek it's own, is not provoked, thinks NO EVIL; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;"

Riana said...

Those people are to be pitied. I doubt that any of them know how much God loves them. If they did, they would not have been doing this. It is very sad.

Anonymous said...

how do we love those who hate us...what does it look like in real life to love our enemies after the way of Jesus? this is what plagues me as i read this post, the news, and the magnitude of wrongs done in the name of G-d

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, It's Chris....hey check out this link....these people are the biggest whack jobs I have ever seen...

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/sound/godhatesamerica.mp3

Riana said...

I visted the website. Do they really believe God loves what they are doing? They consider Zimbabwe as righteous because a non-Christian condemns homosexuality? If I haven't experienced the power leaders of holiness-theology cults can wield, I wouldn't have believed this.

Roman said...

I have been away for a long time and didn't hear of this at all. It truly breaks my heart to see it.