5.04.2005

the boys...

I’m SO sick, and it’s totally raining here. Katie’s at work so I’m supposed to be watching the boys but I’ve been on the couch all day. Obadiah is wearing the same clothes he had on yesterday, peanut butter smeared all over his face, and he has ripped every single page out of one of his coloring books, one at a time. Malachi is wearing a diaper. That’s it. I’m a bad dad. I know I’m supposed to be watching them today but I feel like crap so I’ve called on a dear friend of our to watch the boys for me… SPONGEBOB!!! I know, I know, the TV will turn their tender young brains to mush, right now I really don’t care.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My boys are so sweet to me. Obadiah came in to ask me a question, and he noticed that I wasn’t feeling good, so without hesitation he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, ran his fingers through my hair and said, “pray Jesus, make my daddy feel better, pray Jesus, amen.” How cool is that?

Malachi came over to the couch and gave me a kiss, hugged me long and hard and sang to me. He’s only one and a half so he doesn’t know many words so he mostly just sings vowels… “AAAaaa, OOoooo, EEEEeee,” it’s a beautiful song.

7 comments:

Just a girl.... said...

I'm sawwy youw sick, Jimmy... Get better soon! Aren't kids (almost) the best when you're sick. When they take a break from tearing the house apart because you can't stop them, they say the sweetest things because you are their world. Oh, and I have found Spongebob to be an awesome babysitter when the situation arises. He's free, once the cable bill is paid, and sometimes he visits in 1/2 hour increments for hours on end! And who doesn't love a yellow sponge who hangs out with a starfish, is a friend of the jellyfish, and flips a mean burger? I do! I mean, my kids do!

Benji said...

Ummm...Bro, being a lazy slob is not a sickness it's a mental illness. Better get that checked out, ok?

Peas out.
ben

lee said...

no doubt bro...

nothing like being dog sick, unable to even lift yourself up off the floor, when you realize the bathroom door was left open right about the same time you hear the splashing & thrashing about of little hands playing in it...

oh to pray for death, just so you can feel better...

jimmy said...

Or worse... you RUN into the bathroom to hurl and you're right in the middle of tossing your cookies and you realize that you forgot to lift the lid.
nice.

nikki, i hear ya on constantine... what a tool.
ben, i'm really sick... bastard.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy why are you always sick? Maybe you should change your diet. Maybe you have an allergy to hops. If you do not remove that sick disgusting man's picture from your blog I will refuse to visit. If I have to see him everytime I visit your blog I'LL be tossing cookies on the toilet lid. Of course I'll probably check back more often just to see if he's gone yet. Feeling nauseous, uh-oh.

jimmy said...

mad cow, i was gonna call him a prick but that's just mean.

gina, i hope i'm not allergic to hops. that would suck. the constantine pic will be funny for a little while longer at least. i'm still having fun with that one.

Just a girl.... said...

How about switching it to Scott? (*shudder*)