10.17.2005

update: mercy killings?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Did staff at the New Orleans Memorial Medical Center carry out "mercy killings" during Hurricane Katrina?

CLICK HERE for the original story



UPDATE: 10-17-05

The Louisiana Attorney General's Office is overseeing the investigation into whether or not there were indeed "Mercy Killings" carried out at New Orleans Memorial Hospital. They are also overseeing the investigation into the possible abandonement of elderly patients at a New Orleans nursing home. The scope of the investigation is staggering.

Over 20% of the deaths attributed to Hurricane Katrina are now being called into question.

CLICK HERE for the updated story

4 comments:

Tim said...

What? No comments from jimmy to help mold my thinking on this issue? Just citing the article and that is it? Maybe Katie's return is keeping jimmy busy.....

jimmy said...

Katie's been keeping me busy allright... CLEANING THE HOUSE!!!

I just wanted to throw this one out there. I've heard compelling arguments both for and against euthanasia. My mind isn't made on this topic. This case is interesting though. If this story is indeed true, these people did not want to die, the decision was made for them. In the days before the hurricane they had 2 or 3 deaths per day. During the week immediately following the hurricane 45 bodies were taken to the morgue from this hospital. Was it merciful for these care providers to haste the inevitable? Or was this a heinous, brutal, selfish act???

Benji said...

This issue would divide a room I’m sure. Deciding one way makes you either benevolent or sadistic and deciding the other makes you a coward or a masochist.

I believe that there is a time and a place for mercy killings, though I hope that I am never the one in that place or time.

I'd rather see mercy killings than honor killings...which, sadly, still occur on a regular basis in some 3rd world countries. Talk about not wanting to be taken out...

Remnant Sons MC said...

can some one get me directions to Jared's house? I hear there is a huge party.