11.01.2006

thank you

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I want to say thank you to all of our friends that have stood by us during the past few months. Your thoughts and prayers have meant the world to us. Thank you so much for your support.

It's been two months since we lost Katie's father. The grieving process is a fascinating thing. It sucks. We're still neck deep in dealing with all the emotions that go along with this process. The interesting thing is how vastly differently we deal with it.
I've thrown myself into work and helping out at Albert's house (we're almost finished with the remodel and getting ready to put it on the market). Katie is still having a really hard time with all of this. She still cries a lot.
Obadiah understood immediately what we were telling him when we walked him home from school that day. His grief came in quick, unexpected, violent spurts. Malachi didn't get it for a long time. He would bring the phone to Katie and ask if he could talk to Grandpa Albert. He knew that Grandpa was in heaven but he kept asking when he was coming back, as if he was just on a trip. On this past Saturday we were on the way over to the house to work some more on the remodel and Malachi asked once again, "when is Grandpa coming back from heaven?" I told him, "buddy, he's not coming back. That's where he lives now."
And it finally clicked. He cried all the way to the house.

Still, every day gets a little better. Little by little. I've got a friend who lost his father a few years ago and he tells me "it never goes away, you just get used to it." Maybe that's what is happening. Maybe we're just getting used to the pain, little by little.

Thanks again for your prayers.

grace and peace, jimmy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We buried my mother Saturday. It's the loneliest I have EVER felt in my life, even though I am happily married w/ 3 wonderful kids & a great extended family.

I can only take comfort knowing I will someday see her again....

God Bless.

Just a girl.... said...

I think about you guys every day. Every day. I don't even want to think about what it must feel like to lose a father. My pain for Katie and you, for what a void this must be, and for the loss of a God fearing man like Albert, is so great, that I don't really know what to say here. You guys are just in my hearts.

Tim said...

Good to have you back Jimmy.